THE GATHERED TABLE LAUNCHES AS A UNIQUE COLLABORATION IN WORKPLACE DINING
GATHER & GATHER LAUNCHES A NEW UNIQUE COLLABORATION BETWEEN CULINARY, TECHNOLOGY AND SUSTAINABILITY EXPERTS
WORKPLACE DINING WILL BE REIMAGINED TO PROMOTE BETTER-FED, HAPPIER AND HEALTHIER PEOPLE
Gather & Gather today launches ‘The Gathered Table’, a new approach in workplace dining. The best and brightest minds in food, technology and sustainability will join forces to pioneer a radical new collaboration focused on food in the workplace. From chefs and nutrition experts, to tech innovators and sustainability champions, this unique think tank will look beyond the everyday to create better-fed, happier and healthier people in the workplace.
Those taking a seat at The Gathered Table include; culinary experts José Pizarro, JP McMahon, Neil Rankin, Ollie Dabbous, Ramael Scully and Sabrina Ghayour, tech entrepreneur Michael Rolph, and representatives from The Sustainable Restaurant Association. Other participants will continue to join the table over time.
Each collaborator brings their own individual offering to the table, creating a flow of inspirational ideas to bring the latest in culinary trends to the workplace. From sharing seasonal recipes and hosting demonstrations at client sites, to showcasing the latest trends in payment technology, these thought leaders will apply fresh thinking to deliver a distinctive approach for Gather & Gather’s clients.
The Gathered Table will also offer unparalleled opportunities for Gather & Gather’s chefs to further develop their skills and creativity. Chefs will benefit from bespoke training as well as exclusive development opportunities with access to exclusive expertise from around The Gathered Table.
GATHERED TABLE COLLABORATORS
• José Pizarro, chef and owner of Jose and Pizzaro. Known as the Godfather of Spanish Food, Jose was at the forefront of bringing true tapas to London. Priding himself on quality seasonal cooking using the freshest possible ingredients, he firmly believes that tapas is for everyone – it’s all about prep and keeping it simple.
• JP McMahon, head chef and owner, Michelin-star restaurant and cookery school Aniar, biodynamic wine bar and cafe Tarare and Spanish inspired Cava Bodega restaurant. As the Director of Food on the Edge, the international two-day food symposium held in Galway, his emphasis on ethical eating focuses on supporting the local infrastructure and enabling its supply chain so that future generations can experience the virtues of their culinary heritage and the abundance of the local terroir.
• Michael Rolph, co-founder and CEO of Yoyo, a payment, loyalty and customer engagement company. Before founding Yoyo, Michael worked for Barclaycard, First Data and PayPal. Spotting an opportunity to disrupt the world of payment, he launched Yoyo. Today, Yoyo provides more than a million users with convenient, rewarding mobile payment experiences whilst ensuring retailers have the data and communication channels to provide delightful and influential customer engagement.
• Neil Rankin, chef and owner of Temper, London. Neil pioneered London’s high-end barbecue scene and is well known for his experimental use of bold flavours which draw on global influences. From classical techniques developed in Michelin starred kitchens, to cooking over live fires, he has earned a reputation as the ultimate master of meat.
• Ollie Dabbous, head chef and collaborator, Hide. Having trained in fine dining restaurants under Raymond Blanc and Andoni Luis Aduriz, Ollie’s debut restaurant, Dabbous, earned him a Michelin star. Taking a product driven approach, he offers an innovative style and creative interpretation of modern European cuisine.
• Ramael Scully, head chef and co-owner of Scully St James’s. Scully brings a distinct style blending the Middle Eastern Style he developed with Ottolenghi, with the Malaysian flavours of his childhood, his training in the European tradition, and his insatiable appetite for Asian ingredients. All this is complemented with his homemade larder creations from spices to pickles and oils.
• Sabrina Ghayour, chef, bestselling cookery author and food-writer. Sabrina is renowned for flavourful Persian and Middle Eastern recipes. In addition to hosting renowned supper clubs, she is a seasoned cookery teacher, teaching Persian, Middle Eastern, Turkish, Moroccan, and Georgian cookery classes at some of the country’s most prestigious cookery schools.
• The Sustainable Restaurant Association. The SRA is a not-for-profit membership organisation of foodservice businesses, suppliers and discerning diners working together to create a sustainable foodservice industry for people and planet.
Gather & Gather has always been a disruptive force in workplace dining and launching the Gathered Table is the next iteration of that. Bringing the best and brightest culinary minds together will ensure our clients benefit from the latest food trends creating a total experience. In addition, our Gather & Gather chefs will also gain from invaluable development opportunities with these industry icons.”ALLISTER RICHARDS, MANAGING DIRECTOR OF GATHER & GATHER